The AFM Taxation Committee provides expertise on behalf of the wider sector and facilitates regular opporunities for soft skills transfer, networking and information sharing through delivering an annual Tax Training Day to Members of the AFM.
This year's Tax Training Day is on 28 June. Hosted by Deloitte, this event will include sessions on topical operational tax issues, corporation tax, making tax digital, employment tax and taxation of investments in funds. Slides will be available to download on this page following the event. An outline agenda of the day is available here.
The AFM Tax Training Day 2017 was held on 6 June at the offices of Deloitte. Slides from the event and other materials are available to download:
- Morning session (Tax Matters, Cange in tax environment, Health Care as a business, Corporation Tax reporting and compliance, Indirect Taxes, Best Practice in Tax)
- Afternoon session (AFM update, Operational Taxes, Making Tax Digital, Employment Tax update)
- What tax issues keep us awake at night?
- Tax matters quiz: answers and background notes
- What's the value of the AFM Tax Committee?