The AFM Taxation Committee provides expertise on behalf of the wider sector and facilitates regular opportunities for soft skills transfer, networking and information sharing through delivering an annual Tax Training Day to Members of the AFM.
12 June 10am-5pm - hosted by Deloitte, New Street Square, London EC4A 3BZ
This year's Tax Training Day took place on 28 June at the Deloitte offices, London. An outline agenda of the day is available here. Copies of presentation slides are available below:
|Topical Operational Tax, Pension Provision, Rob Smith, Ernst & Young|
|Brexit, Dan Cassidy, Deloitte|
|Corporation Tax Update, Kevin Hughes & Mike Allen, KPMG|
|Indirect Taxes, Nick Warner & Mustafa Sikandary, Moore Stephens|
|AFM Update, Elaine Fairless, ED Financial/AFM Tax Committee|
|Making Tax Digital, Heather Elliott, HMRC|
|Taxation of Investments in Funds, Jon Garrett, Deloitte|
|Employment Tax, Kim Woodcock, LV|
|Tax Matters Quiz, Peter Hayes, Royal London|
The AFM Tax Training Day 2017 was held on 6 June at the offices of Deloitte. Slides from the event and other materials are available to download:
- Morning session (Tax Matters, Cange in tax environment, Health Care as a business, Corporation Tax reporting and compliance, Indirect Taxes, Best Practice in Tax)
- Afternoon session (AFM update, Operational Taxes, Making Tax Digital, Employment Tax update)
- What tax issues keep us awake at night?
- Tax matters quiz: answers and background notes
- What's the value of the AFM Tax Committee?