WELCOME TO THE ASSOCIATION OF FINANCIAL MUTUALS
Welcome to the Association of Financial Mutuals (AFM), the trade body that represents mutual insurers, friendly societies and other financial mutuals right across the UK.
Between them, mutual insurers manage the savings, pensions, protection and healthcare needs of over 30 million people in the UK and Ireland, annual premium income of £15.9 billion, and nearly 38,000 employees (source: www.ICMIF.org).
A financial mutual is an organisation that supplies financial services products, and which is owned by its customers, or members. That means there are no shareholders to pay dividends to or account to, and a mutual can concentrate entirely on delivering products and services that best meet the needs of its customers.
Get behind mutuality – become an AFM member
Join the member companies who are championing mutuality with the AFM today. Financial mutuals are invited to join as Full or Associate Members and enjoy an array of attractive benefits, including:
- representation within the UK and Europe at corporate and political level
- press and public relations campaigning
- networking events
- training and development opportunities
- research facilities and specialist consultancy services
- access to publications and resources
- regular updates and insight via our monthly e-newsletter, Mutually Yours.
Our Mutual members
RESOURCE CENTRE HIGHLIGHTS
Press Releases / Comment
17 October 2016
11 May 2016
01 April 2016