2021 Annual Conference and AGM
Held on 4 – 5 October 2021
Bringing together key influencers from across the sector to explore how the sector is re-emerging and setting priorities for the future, our conference provides a great opportunity to network, debate current and future issues for the sector, and contribute to AFM’s planning.
In 2021, we were delighted to see, in person, so many friends and colleagues from across the sector, and would like to extend our sincere thanks to all our speakers, exhibitors and sponsors for their valued contributions.
Materials from the various sessions (where provided) can be accessed below. If you have any questions or comments about the conference, please contact [email protected].
Conference Plenary sessions
- NextWave life and retirement Jason Whyte, EY
- The Mutual Way AFM Consumer Strategy Committee & Smoking Gun PR
- Inspiring Better Futures Annual Report Teddy Nyahasha, Onefamily
- The strategic landscape for financial mutuals Julian Wells, Whitecap Consulting
- Exploring the Role of AI in Efficiently Tracing CTF Gone-Aways Dominic Palaczky and Chikaze Mori, Ai-London
- Adaptability and Resilience in the Mutuals Sector – Speech by Charlotte Gerken, Bank of England
Pre Conference session:
- Mapping the sustainable investment landscape Richard Trimmer, Russell Investments
Breakout sessions – Day 1
- Operational resilience – the challenges and pitfalls for Mutuals Andy Tompkinson, Grant Thornton
- Lessons from the demutualisation of LV John Gilbert, M&G Advisory
- Using member insight to fashion a rapid test-and-learn approach Nici Audhlam-Gardiner, OneFamily
- The Energy Transition: Challenges and Opportunities Zane Bezuidenhout, Investec
Breakout sessions – Day 2
- Developing a high-performance culture Megan Price, Dudley Building Society and Richard Waddell, Hanover
- Growing your business through lead generation Alain Desmier, Contact State
- The current financial profile of the AFM sector and maintaining future resilience Andrew Epsom and Nick Woodward, RLAM
- Climate change reporting: what we’ve seen thus far Martin Watson and Jessica Wills, PKF Littlejohn